Flood can cause huge damage, it can ruin your furniture, walls, floor and the house infrastructure. If you act quickly enough, you can minimize the damage and possibly save some of your belongs. Flood cleanup is a long process but it has to get done in order to save your entire house.
Take it seriously if you see water in places that it should not be. Even if your garage or attic only has one inch of water in it or is even just slightly wet, it is the perfect scenario for mold. Mold can ruins walls, furniture, carpets, flooring, etc. The mold can cause serious health problems for your family. So, if you see any unwanted water in your home call Flood Help immediately. We will do a flood cleanup and bill your insurance company.
Steps to take before a flood cleanup
- Disconnect the power, unplug any electronics
- Remove electronics, furniture, and movable items immediately
- Move all electrical items first, and if you can, turn off your power leading into the affected area, especially if water rises above electrical outlets
- Pull up any carpets (wall to wall and area rugs) and under-padding.
- Get rid of the water using old towels, buckets, and mops to soak up as much water as possible
- Remember water and electricity do not mix
Getting rid of all the water and drying out the area is the most important thing you can do to prevent mold growth. Dry out all the affected areas. After you get rid of all the water, use fans to help dry out the area. Open windows to allow air circulation, this will allow faster drying. You must dry the area out as soon as possible. Remember water damage can cause mold.
If you experience any kind of water damage do not put your family at risk. Call Flood Help and we will clean up the mess and bill the insurance company. Click here to send us an email or call us at 561.351.5003.